Thursday, January 12, 2012

MMA workout with Team Fletch...My Meals for today

Today is a day that I am so exhausted that I'm literally dozing off at each red light on my way to my first client!! Even though...No Excuses!

Workout 1:
Treadmill workout...30 minutes starting at a 5% incline at 3.5mph - every few minutes I would raise the incline until I was at 10%. This type of steady state cardio is a really good workout for the glutes and legs...I suggest doing this or the Stair master at least 2 to 3 times per week. You will be amazed how great you butt starts to look. But!! You cannot hold onto the rails! Lean forward and push through as if you are walking up a mountain...you burn more calories and really burn into your butt dimples!!


Katrina and I got the chance to workout with our Team out in Fort Benning! We call ourselves team Fletch...after our Coach! He is the guru of trainers! We play together almost everyday...We push each other, we support each other..
We are 'crackhead Gymrats'

Thursday is our leg day...Since Fletch teaches combatives and MMA..this is a great chance to learn techniques that professional fighters use when training...

Workout 2: MMA Explosive Leg Day
  1. Jump Squats on V (Feet in shape of 'V' with toes pointed outward)
  2. DB single leg deadlift with Thai Knees
  3. Explosive Lateral Hops
  4. Squats with Elevated Heels
  5. Calf Raise with Elevated Heels
  6. Explosive Elevated Split Squats
  7. 1 leg lateral Hop to platform with dumbbell
  8. Hamstring Curl with DB
  9. Squat to Both Knees and Stand
  10. Explode to Feet from Both Knees and Sprint
  11. Back lunges Knee up with Bar off 45lb plate
  12. Explode to Fee from Knees - Tuck Jump - Tuck 180 degrees and sprint



    Workout 3:
    Teaching Evening Zumba Class (I did some choreography throughout the day..but I don't consider it a full workout)




    WHAT I ATE...OR PLAN TO EAT
    Breakfast 
    I started the Body By Vi Shakes this week...some of you know this so you are going to assume that this was my first meal of the day! However, I was in the mood for eggs!
    (instead of having the Vi Shake mix for breakfast, I like to have it as my post workout meals...you'll see)

    4 egg whites
       **Added mushrooms, green onion, fat free mozzarella cheese, and roasted sun dried tomatoes
    1 Cup of Black Coffee
    *Vitamin C, Chromium Picolonate, Keto 7, B-12 tablet*


    Post Workout Meal: 
    2 scoops of Body by Vi Shake mix with a BBV energy flavor mix

    about 2 hours after I drank my shake, I had Lunch meal...
    one pan seared chicken breast with sauteed green beans

    Snack: I got the munchies and stopped in at the vitamin shoppe for a Power Crunch Bar...My favorite is the Vanilla Wafer bar...Protein, and only 100 calories...its the perfect snack for when I'm being a 'Woman' and have a serious sweet tooth!!



    After Zumba Class, I plan to have my second Body By Vi shake...this time, with some frozen fruit and half a banana...I don't want anything heavy..this is a wonderful, light yet filling drink that will keep me over til morning!

    Unfortunately, I only got in 5 meals today...I need to do better...also my water intake is low. I've gotten in a half a gallon and that is way too little for as much jumping around I'm doing! Tomorrow will be a new day!


    1 comment: